Directions & Attractions
Village of Watkins Glen
303 N. Franklin Street
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
Fax: 607 535-7621
*From Buffalo, Toronto and points West: I-90 East to Rte 14 South (Geneva, Exit 42) take 14 South to Watkins Glen along the west side of beautiful Seneca Lake. 40 minutes from Exit 42.
* From Cleveland, Jamestown, Olean, Erie, Bradford PA and points West: Rt 17 East to Rte 414 North in Corning (Exit 46 turn left at end of exit ramp). 25 minutes from Corning.
* From Williamsport, Harrisburg PA and points South: Rt 15 North to Rt 17 East to Route 414 North (Exit 46 turn left at end of exit ramp). 25 minutes from Corning.
* From Albany, Springfield MA, Oneonta: Rt 88 West to Rt 17 West to Rt 14 North (Exit 52N) in Horseheads. 25 minutes from Horseheads.
* From Binghamton, Scranton, New York City and points South East: Rt 17 West to Rt 14 North (Exit 52N) in Horseheads. 25 Minutes from Horseheads.
* From Utica and points East (scenic route): I-90 West to Rt 81South to Rt 79 West ( in Ithaca) to Rt 414 South. 30 minutes from Ithaca.
* From Syracuse, Auburn, Oswego: I-90 West to Rt 14 South (Geneva exit 42). 40 minutes from Exit 42 .
* These routes are offered as a general guideline only, they are not necessarily the best routes from your area. Please consult a more detailed map for specific instructions relating to your area. Just Around the Corner from Watkins Glen
Seneca Lake Wine Trail
Watkins Glen State Park and Gorge
Swimming, Boating and Watersports
Watkins Glen International Racetrack, Watkins Glen
The Windmill, Farm & Craft market, Dundee
Seneca Grand Prix Fun Center
Harris Hill Park, Big Flats
National Soaring Museum, Big Flats
Hiking & Picnicing
Corning Museum of Glass, Corning
Rockwell Museum, Corning
Arnot Art Museum, Elmira
Arnot Mall, Big Flats
Clemens Performing Arts Center, Elmira
Glenn H. Curtiss Museum, Hammondsport
Historic Market Street, Corning
Mark Twain Exhibit and Study, Elmira
LPGA Corning Classic, Corning
Boat & Dinner Cruises
Music & Theatre
The Finger Lakes Wine Festival
Restaurants - Family style to Fine dining
Finger Lakes National Forest
Cornell University and Ithaca College, Ithaca
Women's National Historic Park, Seneca Falls
National Warplane Museum, Big Flats
Finger Lakes Trollers Association
Distances and approximate driving times to Watkins Glen from major cities
Albany, NY 165 miles - 3.5 hours
Boston, MA 350 miles - 6.5 hours
Buffalo, NY 120 miles - 3.0 hours
Cleveland, OH 280 miles - 5 hours
Harrisburg, PA 185 miles - 3.0 hours
New York, NY 280 miles - 5 hours
Philadelphia, PA 250 miles - 5.5 hours
Pittsburgh, PA 268 miles - 5.5 hours
Rochester, NY 90 miles - 1.5 hours
Syracuse, NY 100 miles - 1.5 hours
Toronto, ON 200 miles - 3.5 hours